Saturday, February 14, 2009

First Graduate of South St. Louis County DWI Court

First Graduate of South St. Louis County DWI Court


A big step for one Northland man Friday as he became the first graduate of a first of its kind DWI Court in South St. Louis County.

A big step for one Northland man Friday as he became the first graduate of a first of its kind DWI Court in South St. Louis County. In front of family and other DWI court clients, 41 year-old Ronald Long accepted the program's first diploma. Long spent the last 12 months in the intensive program after getting hit with 3 DWI convictions in a span of four years. The federally funded program that began 1 year ago is an alternative to sending those with felony convictions to jail. Long says it got him away from alcohol and helped him find himself. "I'm ready to live my life again. I'm going to live it day by and I'm never going to forget where I came from. If you never do that, I should not have any monkeys on my back ever," said Long. The court says Long is an inspiration to the program's 24 other clients. Officials say 90 percent of them have been sober for more than 100 days.

View Original>>>

No comments:

Washington DC school bus driver arrested for DWI

A  Washington, D.C.  elementary school bus driver transporting a class full of students on a field trip in Virginia was arrested on Thursday...